Saturday, August 1, 2009

"I love y--I mean, I'd like to get to know you."



Now that the awkward first-post tension has been lifted, I can safely begin to ramble shamelessly and share a little piece of my mind with you :)





I want my second post to be about now. Now, in my life, I mean.

Right now I want to buy some Smith's Rosebud Salve. I've got no idea as to what this could actually do for me, but the packaging is so darn attractive.

Next, I want to read good books. Books that will actually have an impact on me and that are actually worth it. That being said, I've passed and hid my more mindless novels deep in the bowels of my bookshelf (isn't that a hideous term? haha) and bought some more NYLON and more importantly, the 1920's novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald called This Side of Paradise, which I couldn't find the Premier Classic cover for. But that should be okay. It's lovely so far.
OH! That being said, I want to say how completely fantastically amazing NYLON magazine is. I read the recent interview with Sienna Miller, whom I never particularly paid attention to, but she's an interesting girl, full of life. Did you guys know that NYLON actually stands for NewYork+LONdon? How genius. It took me forever to figure out.
So tomorrow I'll be hitting the Montreal OTAKUTHON with my friend, which is basically a celebration of Japanese pop culture and anime and such. Neither of us are actually Asian, and none of us are especially into manga, but I totally love Rei Kawakubo and sushi, so that counts for something, right?
I want to buy one of those panda hats.
Like I could ever pull one off.
Pshh...
And that's all my news for now.
j'taime.
-meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment